As Lab Manager, you lead a team of Lab Technicians. You are reporting directly to the Technology Manager.
- You manage and coach a team of 7 Lab Technicians and support them in their further development. You follow up on your team members’ performance on a regular basis.
- In order to achieve the set objectives, you allocate the required resources after consulting with the Technology Manager.
- You coordinate the lab tasks performed on coolants in support of Research & Development, customers, production and external partners.
- You make sure all tests are completed on time and within budget. You coordinate the necessary works in the lab to keep equipment and lab running en set up proposals for the purchase of future testing equipment.
- You supervise routine and non-routine tests and carry the end responsibility for the accuracy and reliability of test results.
- You maintain contacts with external laboratories.
- You set up and implement standard business working processes (e.g. procedures, work instructions, safety cards …) for the lab and this in accordance with the Arteco Business System.
- You take responsibility to define necessary actions that contribute to a safe and environmental friendly lab.
- You participate actively in the rollout of the company coolants strategy.
The ideal candidate is able to take the lab to the next level. He/She has a proven track record and knows how to establish a culture of continuous improvement, as well as how to inspire, challenge and coach a team.
- You have a bachelor, master or engineering degree in chemistry
- Technical affinity and experience in testing of coolants, is an added value but not a must.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a managerial position, preferably within a lab with R&D activities.
- Your strong communication and social skills ensure that you can motivate all stakeholders and external parties and get their buy-in.
- You have excellent people management skills that enable you to manage a diverse team of laboratory staff and achieve the set objectives.
- You are a native Dutch speaker and can communicate in English fluently.
- You combine analytical skills with creative thinking and problem solving.
We offer you a stimulating job in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international dynamic environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a team that strives for results and which values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement…
Send your resume and motivational letter to our recruitment partner Ausy.
We are really looking forward to meeting you.