We are looking for a Payroll & HR Officer.
The Payroll & HR Officer ensures a correct and timely payroll calculation and supports the HR Manager in several HR domains: recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits, employer branding,… In this role, you report to the HR Manager and work together with the Management & HR Assistant.
- Payroll: you run the monthly payroll process for Belgium (headquarters), France, Germany and UK in a correct and timely manner, including special calculations: split payroll, compensation review, bonus calculations, holiday pay, year-end premium, up to the preparations of the annual budget exercise… You check the payroll output in detail, running reconciliation reports. You prepare monthly and ad hoc HR data and the related analysis.
- HR systems: you follow up on absences, illness, holidays, working hours’ balances and telework. You are also responsible for the on-site time & attendance and access management system. You continuously seek improvements in processes and systems and further digitalize where possible. You actively participate in the design and implementation of new HR systems and processes.
- HR & Benefits administration: you manage the personnel files, take care of social documents, answer questions people might have regarding legislation, policies or benefits (including annual renewal).
- Employer branding: you take care of onboarding and off boarding tasks for employees.
You prepare communications on different HR related topics. Where preferable, you organize info sessions or take initiatives to increase employee engagement. You work in close collaboration with the HR Manager and with supervisors and managers.
You actively participate in the set-up and build-out of the Arteco intranet for HR.
- Recruitment & Selection: You work closely with the HR Manager to provide guidance and support in the recruitment processes as well as identify resource solutions for vacancies within area of responsibility. With the support of marketing, you further improve employer branding and conduct campaigns in order to recruit the right talent. One of our objectives is to build a strong link with universities and educational institutes that are closely connected to Arteco’s domain of expertise to build a talent pipeline.
Follow up on temp agency workers, students and interns throughout the entire employee life cycle.
- Legal & Compliance: Following up on changes in legislation is something you automatically do. You also advise colleagues, management and employees regarding social, fiscal and other relevant legislation. You are able to prepare and conduct info sessions on legal changes. You understand how to apply social legislation and can dig into legacy CLA’s to ensure correct application.
You act as an ambassador for the Arteco values, the Arteco Compliance & Ethics guidelines and policies.
- Minimum Bachelor degree and 3-5 years of experience in Belgian payroll (other European countries are a plus).
- Solid knowledge of Belgian social legislation. Mastering HR Online/Magistral (Securex) is a plus.
- High integrity & very strong focus on confidentiality and compliance. Business partner approach.
- Accuracy and eye for detail, in numbers as well as in communication.
- Good prioritization skills. Ability to create structure and to plan.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude but know when to ask for support. Able to manage expectations.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. French and German are an advantage.
For this role, you have the option to have a working schedule of 80%, 90% or 100%, with the flexibility to follow the payroll calendar requirements.
We offer you a challenging job in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team who values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement…
Let’s discuss! Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter to Veerle Peeters, HR Manager.
We are really looking forward to meeting you.