As Purchasing Manager, you develop and implement Arteco’s sourcing strategy for chemical raw materials, packaging materials and logistics. You deliver a competitive advantage and continuous operational improvement in terms of Cost, Quality, Sustainability and Innovation. In this position, you report to the Arteco Operations Manager.
- Linked to Arteco’s intensified Technology focus: you develop new additives sourcing markets & identify new strategic suppliers.
- You manage price and contract negotiations with suppliers of all chemical raw materials for Arteco’s production plant in Schoten in line with the delegations of authority. You carry the end responsibility for achieving the cost objective in the yearly budget. Where needed, you step in as back-up for the purchasing responsibilities (base fluids) of the Operations Manager.
- You establish and manage mutually beneficial business relationships and partnerships with key suppliers that leverage our key strategies and lead to improved profitability. You work closely together with the Plant Management team, the Procurement Manager and the Sales team to implement efficient inventory levels and safety stocks with the goal to guarantee business continuity at all times.
- You develop a Sustainability Strategy for purchasing as Arteco’s Sustainable Development is for an important part based on purchased goods and services.
- You get to know all HSEQ (Health Safety Environment Quality) related requirements of the role and build up solid knowledge of systems & business processes. The role includes keeping up to date all relevant procedures and documents in Arteco’s Business Management System for the processes related to your role.
- You are responsible for raw materials supplier performance evaluations and non-conformities. You make sure purchase contracts or agreements with suppliers under your responsibility are in place and make sure that all external required quality documents are available and up-to-date at all times.
- You actively participate in internal workgroups to ensure a maximum collaboration with the Research and Development team and other stakeholders in the projects.
- Within the Operations team, you are responsible for the SASE flow (Suppliers/Additives/Selection/Evaluation process) in collaboration with Technology team members. Raw material specifications co-ordination with R&D, production and suppliers also belongs to your role.
- You supervise price and contract negotiations for packaging materials & logistics handled by the Purchaser, who reports to you.
- You track market prices and market price developments and you make internal presentations and issue newsletters on a regular basis so that the Arteco sales team is well informed during sales negotiations and the Arteco colleagues are aware of what is going on in the market. You provide input about purchasing activity when relevant/required. (e.g. during Management Review and Business Review meetings). You ensure price forecasting in a complex and volatile commodity environment, providing the business with timely intelligence on pricing and availability risks as well as spotting new opportunities early.
- For this position, it is critical to have a chemical background, in order to facilitate interactions within Arteco and with suppliers. You hold a master’s degree (e.g. master in Chemistry, master in Industrial Sciences) or have reached an equivalent level by experience.
- Your strong purchasing track record shows you are a solid influencer and negotiator.
- You have excellent communication and people skills. Working in a multicultural environment also means you are knowledgeable about key cultural aspects.
- Operational excellence and quality are what drives you. You can easily deal with a lot of complexity and compliance with laws, chemical and other regulations, e.a. REACH.
- You communicate fluently in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- You are based in Belgium. Your work location will be in our headquarters in Sint-Denijs-Westrem.
We offer you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team which values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement, the possibility to work from home on a regular basis…
Please send your resume and motivational letter to career @ arteco-coolants.com.
We are really looking forward to meeting you.