As Purchaser Raw Materials, you will develop a procurement strategy for chemical raw materials in Europe. You build and maintain strong relationships with global partners and negotiate profitable rates. In this position, you will report to the Procurement Manager.
- You negotiate prices and annual or multi-year contracts with suppliers of allocated raw materials for our production plant in Schoten.
- You establish and manage mutually beneficial business relationships and partnerships with key suppliers that leverage the key strategies and lead to improved profitability. This requires regular meetings with suppliers, writing of meeting reports and company profiles for each supplier.
- You take care of the pricing administration of additives (in SAP or other digital tools) and issue a quarterly report of the raw materials purchasing activity.
- You cooperate with the plant and with our Sales team to implement efficient inventory levels and safety stocks in production. This enables the organization to guarantee business continuity. You do a periodical review of the forecast.
- You are responsible for raw materials ‘penalty points’ and non-conformity handling, KPI follow-up and the issuing of supplier performance evaluations.
- You actively participate in meetings to ensure a maximum collaboration with the R&D team and other stakeholders in the projects.
- You coordinate raw material specifications with R&D, Production and suppliers.
- You make sure purchase contracts/agreements with suppliers under your responsibility are in place, external required quality documents are available, and the overview is up-to-date at all times.
- For this position, it is critical to have a chemical background, in order to facilitate interactions within Arteco and with suppliers. You hold a master’s degree (e.g. master in Chemistry, master in Industrial Sciences) or have reached an equivalent level by experience.
- Knowledge of Purchasing is an asset. If this field of expertise is new to you, you are eager to learn it.
- You are a solid influencer and negotiator with proven track record.
- You have excellent communication and people skills. Working in a multicultural environment also means being knowledgeable about key cultural aspects.
- You communicate fluently in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- You live at a reasonable distance from our headquarters in Sint-Denijs-Westrem. Your work location will be in our headquarters.
We offer you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team who values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement, the possibility to work from home on a regular basis…
For this position we are working exclusively with our recruitment partner Ausy. Please send your resume and motivational letter to Nathalie Thienpont from Ausy.
We are really looking forward to meeting you.