We are currently looking for a Purchaser (Logistics). In this role, it is key to develop a procurement strategy for freight/logistics across the Arteco region, establish relationships with global business partners and negotiate profitable rates. The function involves setting up new agreements and contracts. Project management and IT skills are essential in this function as the logistics industry faces some interesting challenges because of technological developments and the current unique political climate. This function is also responsible for optimizing Arteco's logistics through innovating/digital tools. In this position, you report to the Procurement Manager.
- Strategy / Relations / Negotiations:
- You develop a procurement strategy for freight/logistics procurement across the Arteco region.
- Within the changing logistics industry, you are responsible for coordinating logistics projects within the company and for optimizing logistic flows through innovating and/or digital tools.
- You develop mutually beneficial relationships with global business partners. You organize meetings with Logistics Service Providers (LSP’s) annually or more if required and carry out in-depth external audits of our LSP’s where needed.
- You negotiate profitable transport costs and other services related to logistics (road, intermodal, deep- & shortsea, air, barging and surveying services for both bulk and packed goods) according to Arteco’s Delegation of Authority through logistical tenders. You handle ad hoc price requests from internal stakeholders smoothly and swiftly. The goal is to improve Arteco's profitability.
- Logistics Administration (contracts/pricing/reporting)
- You edit and implement logistical contracts and terms & conditions with international business partners. You make sure all external required HSEQ-SD documents from suppliers are available and keep the Management of Suppliers Overview file up-to-date with LSP data.
- You execute complete and accurate pricing administration in Arteco’s internal pricing system. You evaluate and propose more efficient solutions for this tool, based on evolving technological possibilities. By making use of the SAP SD module, issue and analyze the logistical reporting and assist with the follow up of deviating logistical invoices.
- You work on a continuous improvement of the supplier performance and of all procurement processes.
- You are responsible for the complete logistical n-c coordination and supplier performance evaluations. You handle all HSEQ-SD requirements related to the role of logistics purchasing. This includes participating actively in QOS meetings and keeping all logistics related procedures, work instructions and other parts of the business system up to date.
- Stakeholder engagement at all levels
- As responsible for internal communication on logistic matters, you play a key role for stakeholders at all levels: Sales team, Customer Service, Production & Management. You ensure that correct logistic flows are followed, the right logistical partners are used at the right price and that legal requirements on logistics are used/followed. You inform all those involved via market follow up, logistical newsletters, presentations and by providing logistical trainings when preferable.
- Execution of the supplier qualification process
- Overall administration
You hold a Bachelor degree in business management, option Logistics or higher and have experience in a purchasing role.
Dutch and English are essential language skills for this role.
You are a self-starter with a hands-on mentality who can keep his/her head cool in stressful and complex situations.
You have good administrative and project management skills and work with high accuracy. IT skills – especially in Excel – are a must-have; SAP knowledge and background in a chemical company are an important asset.
Do you fit the described profile and are you a strong communicator and negotiator, then you might be the right person for the job!
We offer you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team who values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement…
Let’s discuss! Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to meeting you.