As Purchaser Packaging Materials & Logistics you develop a sustainable purchasing strategy for packaging materials & logistics in Europe.
Developing relationships with global business partners and negotiating profitable rates are key. You actively participate in different projects and take ownership around the sourcing needs for new packaging materials & logistical services. Next to managing the existing supplier database, you search sources or alternatives in the market and guide them through an extensive supplier qualification process. In this position, you report to the Purchasing Manager.
- You manage your supplier portfolio in line with the purchasing strategy. You take ownership around the sourcing need for new packaging material & logistical services. You maintain the relationship with existing suppliers and look for new suppliers when needed.
- You negotiate all packaging materials for our production plant in Schoten as well as all transport costs and all services related to logistics.
- You establish company profiles for each supplier, organize meetings with suppliers and are responsible for pricing administration.
- You implement the negotiated contracts, terms & conditions and always make all external required quality documents available and up to date.
- You handle all quality requirements. You are responsible for the coordination of all observed non-conformity packs and for issuing supplier performance evaluations.
- You establish efficient inventory levels in our production plant in Schoten in collaboration with the sales and plant team. You periodically review the forecast.
- You are aware of all health, quality, safety and sustainability requirements related to your role as purchaser packaging materials & logistics. This includes keeping up to date all pack related procedures and work instructions in the business system.
- As expert in packaging materials and logistics you keep track of market price and follow-up on market information/ trends, innovation and sustainability and share this up-to-date information with the sales team.
- You ensure smooth daily operations by working closely together with the procurement and customer service teams.
- You act as an ambassador for the Arteco values, Code of Conduct and policies.
- You combine a bachelor or master’s degree with several years of experience in a purchasing role.
- You are proactive and take ownership over strategic and operational tasks.
- You are a solid influencer and were able to train your negotiation skills in your previous role(s).
- Strong project management and organizational skills are key for this position.
- You can work cross functionally. Your excellent communication and persuasion skills enable you to motivate, drive and engage your internal and external stakeholders (production, procurement, logistics, customer service, …)
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbally, in English and Dutch.
- You combine good Excel and Power BI skills with an analytical mindset.
We offer you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a team that strives for results and which values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, we believe people are key to our success, and we support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth.
We offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement, the possibility to work from home 3 days per week…
Let’s discuss! Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter in English to career[at]arteco-coolants.com
We are really looking forward to meeting you.